HOME OF THE WHS BANDS
Welcome to the Home of the Wheeling HS Bands!
Wildcat Marching Band!
Wheaton North Falcon Fest
September 22nd, 20181st Place Class AA1st Place Music 1st Place Visual1st Place General Effect 1st Place Color Guard 1st Place Percussion1st Place Drum Majors!
Chicagoland Marching Band Festival
September 15th, 20181st Place Class AA (Exhibition), 2nd place guard, 2nd place percussion1st Place Drum Majors!
The Wildcat Marching Band made finals and finished 9th place against a competitive field! Keep it up!
CONGRATULATIONS to the Wheeling Wind Symphony on their acceptance to the University of Illinois Superstate Band Festival! They were one of six bands accepted in their class throughout the entire state of Illinois! Way to go, Wildcats!
Outstanding Performances from Wheeling's Wind Symphony (Division 1 Superior Rating) and Symphony Band (Division 2 Excellent Rating) at the Chicagoland Invitational Band Festival on April 9th, 2018!
Wheeling's Wind Symphony was one of four bands to receive a Superior Rating at this Nationally Renown Festival.
Both groups received great feedback from judges and clinicians.
To the Wheeling High School Jazz Combo
and Jazz Bands on wonderful performances at Jazz In The Meadows the weekend of February 24th!
Jazz Band 2: 3rd Place
Andrea Moreno won outstanding soloist!
Jazz Band 1: 2nd Place Class 3A
Adam Wagner, Jackson Kaprak, and Jon Musto all won outstanding soloist awards!
Jazz Combo: 1st Place
Jackson Kaprak, Jon Musto, Nikko Gonzalez, and Nicki Kouton all won solo awards!
Congratulations Wind symphony!
2016 SUPERSTATE Class "AAA" WINNERS & 2017 HONOR BAND
Wind Symphony also performed at the 2016 Music for All National Concert Band Festival • Indianapolis, IN, March 10, 2016
Congratulations to the Wildcat Band Members who participated in the District 214 Honors Band and Orchestra this past Tuesday, February 27th. The band worked with Mr. Richard Floyd, Director Emeritus University of Texas (Austin).
The District 214 Honors Orchestra is made up of the finest musicians in the district. The group is under the direction of Mr. Joshua Stewart.
The following students are in the prestigious
Honors Orchestra from WHS:
- David Martinez - Tuba
- Kyle Mesa - Trumpet
- Gabi Rankenburg - Clarinet
- Daniel Lopez - Flute
- Nikko Gonzalez - Percussion
The following students are in the honors band from WHS:
- Gabby Garnowski Flute - Rank: 3
- Leslie Gonzalez Flute - Rank: 5
- Rebecca Montesinos Flute- Rank: 6
- Lauren Bernstein Flute - Rank: 10
- Rachel Delmar Clarinet - Rank: 2
- Madelyn Zussman Clarinet - Rank: 6
- Adam Wagner Bass Clarinet - Rank: 3
- Jackson Kaprak Alto Sax - Rank: 1
- Anthony Cruz Alto Sax - Rank: 3
- Felix Macías Horn- Rank: 3
- Morgan Tadish Trombone- Rank: 1
- Leo Quintana Trombone - Rank: 5
- Milan Matijevic Trombone - Rank: 7
- Joesph Karippaparambil Euphonium- Rank: 2
- Kyle Splett Tuba - Rank: 2
- Anabel Perez-Brennan Percussion - Rank: 1