posted Sep 28, 2011, 8:43 AM by Bryan Itzkowitz
updated Feb 8, 2012, 6:31 PM
Friday, September 30th ♦ West High School Football Game
- Who Needs to Be There - This is a required performance event for all band students.
- Where to Be and When to Be There - Students should meet in the lobby of the West High Auditorium no later than 5:45pm. At 6:00pm we will begin our dress rehearsal on the practice field.
- What to Wear - Please wear black pants, black socks, black shoes and white shirts. Be aware of the weather situation. If it is cold, you may want to either wear a long sleeved white shirt, and/or bring a jacket for the stands. If you bring a jacket, make sure your first and last names are on it.
- What to Bring - You will need your instrument, lyre, and music. Please be sure everything is in working order before you arrive. Large instruments will be transported by the school.
- When We Will Be Done - After the completion of the half-time performance, students will be free to leave with their parents or to stay and watch the game. Sousaphones and drumline equipment should be loaded at this time so it can be returned to the school.
- Other Things You Should Know - Food is not allowed in the band section of the stands, but water will be provided. Once we are in the stands, you may not leave. Please plan ahead and use the restrooms in West High before we go out to the field.
SPECIAL NOTE TO PARENTS
Unless you have volunteered to be a chaperone, parents who come to watch the performance will need to sit with the general public. With nearly 450 students in the combined junior high and high school bands, there simply isn’t enough room for all parents to sit in the band section. Thanks for your understanding.
Any questions? Please call me at (319) 688-1210 or email at email@example.com